Sony KDE-37XS955 Opinions? and...

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jonathan Halperyn, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Jonathan Halperyn

Hello All,

After a painstaking process of researching the latest HDTV's and waffling back and forth on what I want (size, and what I'm prepared to spend) I'm now looking hard at the Sony KDE-37XS955. I can get it on sale around $3500 (my price range) and like the look of the Sony plasmas.

Firstly, does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this set? I'd love to hear them. If you think there's another set of this size and price range I should consider, please feel free to let me know that as well. It's been agony trying to figure out what the best looking set is for this price...

Secondly, a practical question about switching over to the plasma. Currently, I have my center channel speaker resting on top of my CRT set. I will be placing the plasma on a stand rather than wall mounting currently. I don't especially want to put up a shelf above the set for the center speaker. What to do? I've heard some individuals use the set speakers for the center channel. Any other options? What do people tend to find the best option is with the plasmas...

Thanks for your help!

Jonathan

2. Jonathan Halperyn

Oh, and can anyone recommend a good stand for the 37" - 42" plasmas? I'd rather not spend $1000 on the "recommended" stand for this. I'd prefer something in the $500 range.

Thanks.