What's new

Sony is no longer making minidisc decks for the home? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, I have a vague recollection of the Elcasset (sp?). I never owned a player (thankfully).

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Keith, it's offical I paid for the 333, it's mine.:) I'm gonna keep right on making MD's.
Kevin, I can hear subtle differencs in MD and CD. The only way to find them and it's not easy, is to run both units on the same outboard DAC. That's the only way to level the field. Obviously, what little that's lost doesn't bother me, it's petite. Anything but bit for bit CD recorders proably sound about the same...? Best wishes!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Rachael, congrats. on your new acquisition. I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the 'JA333ES. I called J&R again today, and the customer service rep. put me on hold to call Sony regarding an ETA for my 'JA333ES. Unfortunately, Sony is out of them in the US and is hoping to have more in by the end of the month. And my minidisc saga continues...

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, I look forward to your review of the Tascam deck. Based on your comments, I'll consider that option. It will still be tough for me to forego the 'JA333ES. Even though the 'JA555ES died after only six months, I have a feeling that Sony ES minidisc decks are the best out there. I'm just afraid that anything else would be a step down. Also, as I have said before, I still feel the problem I had with the 'JA555ES was a fluke, so I am inclined to still go with the 'JA333ES. Of course, I'm not sure I will ever see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks