What's new

Sony intoduces new WEGA's @ 20" and 24" with component video (1 Viewer)

AlbertH

Stunt Coordinator
FUNNY THING IS, some of the 20" and 13" models DO NOT HAVE S-VIDEO!!! yet, they have component video! WEIRD! The 20" (kv20fs100) is on display at the best buy i work at. Nice looking tv.

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
yea, very strange...

I was looking to buy a 24" TV for the bedroom and was not really happy with my options so I have been delaying... The old sony 24fv12 had no component video and was retailing for 499 everywhere... The Toshiba was considerably cheaper yet it had component - but I liked sony's picture better for TV.

Looks like sony addressed both those issues with this new 24" - component for only 449. Looks like I finally found one that meets my expectations.

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
Just ordered the 24" for the bedroom off of crutchfield... I will let everyone know how it is when it comes in.

David Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, Are you able to adjust geometry and do the 16x9 squeeze through the service menu. I remember hearing that the Sony Tv's under 27 inches don't allow you to adjust geometry. Thanks

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
David,

I bouhgt the 24" and had it ISF calibrated. Geometry had ben fixed in the services menu and the TV automically plays dvd's in 16x9 squeeze mode. Very happy with the Tv, expecially post calibration... when I originally got it it was definitely too bright - now its near perfect

stephen_z

Stunt Coordinator
Tony,

Wow! ISF calibration for a $450 set? You've gotta be a critical viewer. Previous posts on flat screen direct view sets show concerns about geometry distortion. How bad was the geometry before calibration, and how much did it help? It's a great looking set!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks