Sony HTIB - DAVC550

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by vikramR, Jun 16, 2005.

1. vikramR

vikramR Auditioning

I have a Sony HTIB. We just bought a home and are moving in soon. The home is pre-wired for Home Theater. The problem I have is, the sony home theater I have, has, speaker terminals that use color-coded Molex-type plastic connectors. While this makes setup a breeze (the speakers have color-coded labels, as well), I cant see any way f connecting my recevier speaker connects to the in wall speaker connects.
    Are these plastic connectors available outside?
    Any suggestions would be more than welcome

2. John S

John S Producer

I'm not quite envisioning the problem, but it does seem you could use their supplied wire for the interconnect both to the wall, and then to the speaker from the wall????

Just have to cut it to length and use each end no?

3. vikramR

vikramR Auditioning

The problem is the speaker cables(with my htib) have the regular speaker connects on speaker end and the plastic connectors on the receiver(sony receiver/dvdplayer) end...
    Since the home is prewired I could mount the surrounds on the wall and connect the cables to the speakers..What I dont know is to how to connect the cables coming from the speakers on the other end to the sony receiver, as this has the male ends for the plastic connects

4. John S

John S Producer

But if you cut the supplied wire you have both ends you need, the other end would have what ever matches your wall interconnect put on it.

As said, I think I am somehow not envisioning it properly...

5. vikramR

vikramR Auditioning

John Thanks for your prompt reply..Iam sorry Iam not explaining this properly...
    wht you said makes sense...I could use the existing speaker cables and connect one end (plastic connectors) to the receiver and the other end to the wall unit...

BTW: have you heard of Asperion Audio or Axiom Audio...
    any ideas?

6. John S

John S Producer

Well yeah.. Axiom makes really fantastic speakers at their price point. I have not had experience with Asperion though.

Axiom is a sponsor here, there speakers get rave reviews, and having heard their lowest end pair kick serious tail on some lower end floor standers, I tend to agree.