What's new

Sony HTIB at walmart (1 Viewer)

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs
There is a sony HTIB at walmart with a real receiver and its only 177.00.

I was vondering if this was really a good buy. It does seem to have more features and sound better than most HTIB's do especially seince the sub is an "8" instead of the usual "4" woofer in a big bandpass enclosure that most HTIBS do seem to have. and the speakers enclosures arent hollow to the touch like most simliar speakers.

There are some Nice LG systems at sears but I think most are over $300.00 :eek: and they have a built in DVDP :eek: I prefer the seperate DVDP option because I do not trust CD and DVD changers (too noisy, skip too much sometimes get jammed and destroy your $30.00 DVD :eek: )

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, I don't about the Sony one, but I have had some good experiences with the Magnavox HTIB's, they're generally pretty good at reproducing the 5.1 surround sound ...

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs

I sure would BTW. If my current Durabrand HTIB subwoofer has Pre- Ins for DVD/Aux and Media player (which it does) could I use it as a standalone sub? it does have speaker outputs for the speakers on the back.

I do like the sound of the current speaker package.

I was thinking about getting an insignia receiver with subwoofer Pre-outs its either that or get a whole New HTIB which isnt a problem seince they are mainly the same price. (after taxes) I was leaning on the sony seince it has auto calibration but a bigger (but passive) subwoofer with more excursion.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am not familure with your paticular HTIB. I would recomend that you use the speaker combination that comes with your HTIB. Run the calibration set up and give them some time. And with the Sony having a larger subwoofer you may want to pack that up with the other speakers from you current HTIB and see what happens. I doubt that you will need dual subwoofer with the small speakers that usually come with HTIB. I can't believe I am going to say this, but it would most likely be over kill taking the size of your full range speaker package.

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs

well my current HTIB speaker system is small But if I do buy the sony HTIB in the future I may replace the sattelites with sony bookshelf speakers with "5" woofers.

I already have a 18 inch long center channel speaker from emerson which has a "5" woofer and a "1" tweeter that sounds great so the center is taken care of.

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright

Raymond. Are you really interested in purchasing this item, or are you once again just trolling for responses and possible contentious remarks as you are known to do elsewhere?

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
I've personally never seen a DVD/CD changer jam and break disks without some sort of help (falling off of a refrigerator could help some.;)). What kind of disk changers are you using?

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs

I had a JVC all in one thing with a CD/DVD changer that ATE two of my DVD's it was a BNIB Rent-to own stereo/Home theater system thingie. it haad 5 slim drawers.

thrca

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
I have a Sony HTIB that was about 250 from wal mart I believe. I use it in the bedroom. Sound quality is decent and it does a good job for all the ... Sci-Fi... I watch in the bedroom.

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs
I just chaned my mind about the sony and bought the used RCA HTIB Instead, seince it had larger and better speakers. which seem to sound fuller than the sony speakers. I did a shootout betweened the two and took notes on each and I had more good things to say about the RCA than I did the sony, both had decent receivers though.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Raymond and Bobby in the same thread. Shouldn't that open some sort of vortex or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sajidjadoonisbb
Recent bookmarks