Sony HTDDW840 goods/bads

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Leemhuis, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

Oct 1, 2002
    If anyone owns this system what are your opinions of the system? Are the surround speakers good and what type of speaker/s do they use?
  2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Aug 19, 2002
    I don't have that system, but I do have the sub. Yeah, the sub sucks. I picked it up because i had a gift certificate at Best Buy, so I decided to spend it on a sub to go with some old Bose bookshelfs. (puts on flame suit;combination of best buy, sony, bose...ROFL...i KNOW) Yeah the sub sucks. But again, I only payed like 10 bucks out of pocket for it, and it suits my needs for tv viewing, and to match so precisely to those WONDERFUL bose.... Definitely not worthy of any decently adequate HT. As for the rest, it looks like sony, sounds like sony, and it probably sucks like sony :/. I am always of the opinion that its better plopping down that money for a HTIB and instead getting a pair of nice speakers (i always like paradigm, cheap and SOOOO good), and run stereo instead. Superior stereo is always better to me than crappy HTIB. By the way, I have one setup of paradigm titans off an old sony pro-logic unit, perhaps combarable in crappiness to the unit in this package, and even with such a pos driving the titans, daaaaaamn they sound so nice for 200 bucks. I would much rather that than a crummy "sub-sat" surround-noise system, cause thats all this is gonna be. Noise that comes from the back too. [​IMG] Get something that at least produces some sound. [​IMG]