1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

sony hs20 +htpc - help?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Vic Barry, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Vic Barry

Vic Barry Extra

Hi all.

Have my hs20 nearly a week now and decided the other day to hook up my pc to it. Using a Geforce 4 4600ti with DVI everything looked good. Downloaded powerstrip. Cut and pasted that 1366x768 res into it and everything is fine. Powerstrip tells me its 1366x768 when i hover the mouse over it.

Only problem is that i have this dreaded desktop scrolling. A friend told me, and i saw it around these parts as well, to install the Sony GM-w900 monitor driver, which i did and still no luck.

Am i missing something somewhere, is it to do with the geforce 4. Or am i missing a setting somewhere. I must say the image is amazing, and i would love to get it filling the entire frame as opposed to scrolling around all the time.

Appreciate any help folks

2. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Virtual Desktop. Sux don't it. Make sure Powerstrip is "Reading from the Registry" or something like that. It is a setting on one of the properties pages.

As you probably know ATI is certainly easier for these kinds of things. I have the HS20 and all I had to do was input the res and that was it. No issues. I did not change my monitor either from anything but standard plug and play.

Now if I could figure out why FFdshow is causing Theatertek to crash, I would be a happy man. Ugh. HTPC can be a bitch.

Let me know if this works. I will look closer at my settings to see what else I can give if this does not work.

C. Ryan

3. Vic Barry

Vic Barry Extra

no joy there either. looks like ill have to get an ati card [​IMG]