What's new

Sony Hs20 & Hs10 (1 Viewer)

Chris.Au

Auditioning
I am looking at buying the Sony HS20, but have read about the HS10 having problems with switching on. I was wondering anyone can tell me if they have fixed the problems with the HS20;)

Chris.Au

Auditioning
So I take it then no-one has the HS20 yet. I was impessed with the HS10, so I naturaly assume then the HS20 should be an improved unit.
If you have a HS10 (or HS20) please comment ;)

Bob McKenny

Agent
Check out the numerous reviews of the HS20 on www.avsforum.com. It is getting very good accolades and is much improved over the HS10. There has been no mention of the power problems with the new unit.

I personally own a Sony VPL-VW10HT and upon seeing the new HS20 plan to upgrade. My unit is Sony's first generation designed for home theater projector (Sony's first 16x9 LCD projector was the VPL-W400Q but it wasn't designed from the ground up for home theater as the 10HT was). Relative to my projector the colors from the HS20 is much better, the screen door is much reduced, and the depth of the image is much-much better do to its higher contrast ratio (sony spec of 1300:1) and higher brightness (1400 ansi lumens).

Bob

Chris.Au

Auditioning
Thanks again, and it has made my decision easier. I have placed my order and will be receiving it by Friday so I have the whole weekend to set it up and impress myself.
Will give you an update next week. :emoji_thumbsup: Thanks.

Chris.Au

Auditioning
Well with great anticipation Friday and Saturday came but the goods didn't arrive as expected. The weekend was not to be. Today I received the phone call to confirm that the goods have arrived, guaranteed. Stay tuned, and all will be revealed. :D

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Chris,

I've had my HS-20 since Dec. 24th. Nice Christmas present :). The dealer got four in early and mine was one of the four. I'm using a Draper 106" 16x9 white pull down screen. I'm really impressed with this HT purchase. I'm just using the Sony supplied video cable until I get the projector mounted to the ceiling. That should happen this weekend. I hope you get yours up and running soon. And you are as impressed as I am with this little box?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks