What's new

Sony Home Theatre Help!!! (1 Viewer)

anish30

Auditioning
Real Name
Anish
Hello,
Hope someone can help.
I have recently purchased a sony home theatre BDV-E190 and have a Sony Bravia KDL32U 2000 TV. I have connected the Blu Ray with the TV through HDMI cable.
My issues are:
When i play a blu ray, it works well, and the effect seems to be good.
But when i play a audio cd, the effect is so bad, and it plays only on 2 speakers in any music mode apart from Auto...but the music effect is so bad and my 7 year old goodmans home theatre was far better, which i am trying to replace. I have tried checking all the settings and nothing seems to work. I have tried calling Sony, who say that unless it specifies its an 5.1 on the Audio CD, it will work only on 2 speakers.
Also, the sound does not come through the Home Theatre, when I select TV in the function mode, so as to listen from the home system when i watch normal TV.. Can anyone help?
Or can anyone suggest a suitable system, I am more into listening to audio, but woulld want a Blu Ray, something that I can adjust the BASS and TREBLE ( not mandatory ) within a budget of £300. I am bascially looking to listen to quality music with a 5.1.
Thanks!
When I play a Blue Ray, it works we

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I can help with the TV issue(I think), but the music problem you are on your own...
But before "we" can help on your TV situation...what are you using?
HD set top box?
OTA antenna?
Cable off the wall into the TV?
How is the TV connected?
About the music problem. "All in one, throw-away" HTiB aren't the most configurable systems.
This one doesn't even have two way satellites. I'm currently trying to download the manual, but it appears as if this doesn't have the ability to "create" fake 5.1 from 2.0 sources...
I didn't even think anything with audio ever DIDN'T have that ability...
Audio has reached a new "low"...(It has Dolby ProLogic...which that "should" be able to do it)
By the way, I've found the Sony "link" for the owners manual...but I haven't found anything on how to actually use this thing beyond connecting the speakers and specifications.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I finally found a manual, negotiating a "for every country, not the USA" website took some doing...
Anyway, this is like the LEAST capable audio system I've ever seen that comes with 5 speakers and a woofer.
On page 22 of the manual, the only way to get 5.1 from a 2.0 source is to put it in "auto mode" and hope for the best...or put it in "sports"...which forces it into 5.1.
And apparently, this system makes no effort to include the woofer, at all...unless it is using 5.1 sources...or is "faking its way" with Sports mode(really???)
So...it appears...there is no way to get better sound with this system.

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
So now the business of suggesting a new system that has greater capability.
Since you went with this item in the first place I assume you were looking for a cheap system. This website "accessories4less.com" sells refurbished receivers and everyone here has had a good experience with them.
Here are my two suggestions: http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/DENAVR1312/DENON-AVR-1312-5.1-Channel-A/V-Home-Theater-Receiver/1.html#!specifications
and From Onkyo: http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKHTRC330/Onkyo-HT-RC330-5.1-CHANNEL-HOME-THEATER-RECEIVER/1.html#!specifications
Now IDK how those speakers are connected to the bluray player (Sam maybe the manual shed some light on this) but if they happen to be connected by regular bare wires you could use them with either of these. If not You could purchase this: http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Classic-Theater-System-Black/dp/B001202C44 which is highly spoken of here and have Quality surround sound.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The guy is not in the USA...
So, until we know what country he is in...we have no clue what he has access to.
I would assume the U.K....???

anish30

Auditioning
Real Name
Anish
Hello All,
Thanks for the replies.
Yes, I am in UK.
My TV is connected to the home theatre through a HDMI and the TV is connected with the normal TV Cable and is also connected with a SKY Box.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks