Sony Hi-scan or XBR 57"???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Tilley, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

I have been looking at the Sony KP-57HW40 or KDP-57XBR2 for some time now & was wondering if there is any big difference as for picture quality.
    Just to make things easier I don't care about the built in HDTV/SDTV tuner,or the built in surround as nether would get used.My main concern is there any thing else to it to maby justify spending the extra 2 grand for the XBR?
    I would like to go with the 65" XBR but at 6 bills I would rather buy two of the 57" HI-Scans & mabey have some surround-o-vision to go with the surround sound[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Thomas_P

Thomas_P Agent

The XBR2 does have some features over the HS, and it probably can be found for below 4000$ now. However, I would definitely wait for the new Sony line available late July/early August. The 57/65WV700s are the high end sets.
    Features include DVI/HDCP, HD Microfocus CRTs, a wideband video amp that was on the xbr2, and a sleek exterior( you can find the picture at onecall.com), and a Uniform Brightness Screen said to increase viewing angle. 4,000 for 57 and 4,500 for 65. Both sets will be available as WV600s for 700 dollars less.

3. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info Thomas. I think I will have to look into those newer models...