What's new

Sony Headphones and other questions. (1 Viewer)

Tristen Hannah

Auditioning
I just bought a pair of sony mdr-v800 headphones. They sound great, at least to my untrained ear, but when I listen to music (not games), my ears start to ache. I'm wondering if that means the headphones aren't as good as I thought, or maybe it is because I'm not used to harmonics below and above the range of hearing?

As for the other question...
I've been surfing this forum about bose speakers, having recently heard their not all their cracked up to be. I read the intellexual breakdown, where it talked about all the shoddy materials and such. I've also heard that bose tweaks their amplifiers/mixers to disguise the flaws, and to a good ear it's pretty agonizing. Is that true?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The aching could be caused by too much physical pressure from the ‘phones (i.e., they’re too tight). If it feels like more of an internal thing, that would be “listener fatigue,” typically caused by poor frequency response in the mid-to-upper frequencies.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks