What's new

Sony HD100 Received / Bay Area HDTV (1 Viewer)

MikeM

Screenwriter
Today I received my SAT-HD100 for use with my XBR400 TV. So far, this is my first dip into HDTV and CBS looks great! I'd like to hear what others in the Bay Area are experiencing.
My question is in relation to FOX & NBC in the Bay Area. I cannot get a signal for these stations, while other locals are PERFECT! I can currently get the following channels:
20.1 - WB - KBWB (Audio louder than others, and in 5.1)
24.1 - ABC - KGO (Shows as a window frame letterboxing, on my setup)
24.2 - ABC - KGO (Shows in full fame, 4:3)
29.1 - CBS - KPIX (Looks GREAT!)
30.1 - PBS - KQED (Shows full frame, 4:3)
45.1 - UPN - KBHK (Shows as a window frame letterboxing, on my setup)
52.2 - IND - KICU (Sometimes has audio/video dropouts)
Are others from the Bay Area out there getting a signal from 56.1 or 56.2 FOX, or 57.1 or 57.2 NBC? I get NOTHING. I did a rescan of the channels, and still nothing.
I'm using a roof top antenna attached to our apartment building in Oakland. KICU seems to be the only channel with droputs since I think the signal is coming from San Jose. Other than that, all other channels look PERFECT.
Any ideas as to why I get absolutely nothing for KTVU (Fox) and KRON (NBC)?
Please help, thanks!
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

MikeM

Screenwriter
Problem solved: Ater a channel rescan today, FOX is showing up on 2.1 and NBC is showing up on 57.1 (with BayTV on 57.2.)
It's really strange that it went from zero signal to 80+. Especially since I haven't changed a thing in my setup or antenna. Funky.
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

GaryS

Agent
Mike,
Some stations do not broadcast 24 hours a day. This may be why they did not show up on the initial scan. This has been reported over at AVSForums with some stations in NYC.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Hi Gary, thanks for the info.
Actually, I tried the scan at various times during the day yesterday and didn't get squat. I even tried NBC during the airing of the Tonight Show, and got nothing. So I knew they were *supposed* to be broadcasting.
In any event eveything is working now, and I'm getting 8 local channels in HD, including all the major networks. Life is good. :)
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks