What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Sony HCD-HDX285 - Question (1 Viewer)

jpderi2

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
Hello. New to the forum so please excuse me if I posted this in the wrong section. I have this old Sony 5 Disc DVD receiver (HCD-HDX285) that I no longer use. The speakers have long since been repurposed. I was wondering if it's possible to use it purely as a CD player / DVD player by integrating it into my modern 7.2 receiver? Would this cause issues? If not, please advise as to the best way to wire it up. Thanks in advance for reading.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
A picture I found showed that it has an HDMI output. If that’s the case, it should work fine with any AVR with an HDMI input.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

jpderi2

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
A picture I found showed that it has an HDMI output. If that’s the case, it should work fine with any AVR with an HDMI input.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
OK Great - thought it was that simple but didn't know if they would play nice. Thanks for the quick reply.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It might be a little funky operating it, since it's not simply a disc player, but from what Wayne said, it should be possible. One problem I can think of is if it doesn't send audio out (video only) through the hdmi, which is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benbroad1
Recent bookmarks