What's new

Sony GWIV - CableCard (1 Viewer)

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Hi -

I just bought the Sony Grand Wega IV and it has a CableCard slot. My cable company offers CableCards surprisingly enough. Should I get one? How does it work? Does the coax connect to the card and the card goes in the TV?

My biggest question. Does the CableCard not allow me to hook up my Tivo Series 2?

Thanks in advance.

SimiA

Second Unit
There are limitations to a cable card connection.
You do not have access to on demand with iControl functions that enable you to pause, fast-forward and rewind on demand programming, including movies on demand, premiums on demand and favorites on demand
interactive program guide.
Season sports packages such as NBA League Pass
Interactive and enhanced TV services, such as games
Pay-Per-View.
Get a good HD cable box.
Vb

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
I agree with Simi

But your other question .. no the coax still goes into the coax port, there is nothing connected to the Cable Card itself.

Not sure how a Tivo Set up would work.

I would wait for the 2nd gen CC's, as they will be two-way, and will be able to do all of things the one way cards cannot do (things that Simi outlined).

Mike

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Is it the slot that is only one-way or the cable card that is one way?

In other words, if you have one of the current sets that are cable card ready, will the new 2-way cable cards work with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks