Sony Grand Wega

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ken Arnold, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Ken Arnold

Ken Arnold Agent

Ken Arnold
    My cherished Toshiba 65HX81 died 3 weeks ago and the warranty repair service is taking their sweet time to fix it. I'm going nuts with relatives coming for Thanksgiving and no bigscreen for theater/football.

My wife and I saw the new Sony Grand Wega 70" at A&B TV. Looked great, but leary of LCD as I understand if a pixel goes out it can't be fixed.

Wish Samsung had something bigger than a 61" DLP...hate to downsize. (Thinking of just buying another one and sell the Tosh when it's repaird.)

Anyone have any input, or knowledge of new models on the horizon, or the Sony Grand Wega's? Doug H (known around this forum) advises to wait for the 1080P models expected to show up next year. But since Time Warner rarely broadcasts anything as high as 1081i in HD, I figure I'll burn through another set before I see 1080P on my cable.

Thanks.

2. Ken Arnold

Ken Arnold Agent

Ken Arnold
    Thanks Dean,

Front projector is my preference, but lighting and logistical issues prevent it. Ended up getting a Mitsubishi 73" RP. Irma @ Ultimate Electronics here in Austin is very knowledgable and always makes good recomendations. I got my M&K speakers and Denon 4802 from her prior to her working at Ultimate. Always gives me a good deal!