What's new

Sony Grand Wega- room for center speaker? (1 Viewer)

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting the new Grand Wega (50") and am wondering if the cabinet is wide enough to hold a center speaker. I've got a Paradigm Studio CC which is pretty big, and the cabinet on the TV looks really narrow.

Thanks,
Aaron

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Aaron,

No, it's just a thin edge on top. I was looking at this. Some Sony GW buyers discuss options in a thread at avsforum.com in the Rear Projection board. You might have to scroll some days back.

Bottom line, it's hard to find a tv stand that has the first shelf underneath tall (low) enough for an 8-inch Paradigm CC to fit. Otherwise, it's building a wall shelf above (ugh) or a huge entertainment center with tower racks on each side to support a top and middle cross-shelf to accommodate a larger CC. Or the CC on a stand on the floor in front of the GW.

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron,

There is a third option in addition to what's listed above. Bush (sp?) makes a sort of frame that goes around projection TV's. The legs aren't audio towers, just 3/4" MDF or fibreboard. Personnally, I built a frame like this for my Sony KP51HW40 out of 3/4" MDF. It now holds my 35+ pound center channel speaker. It does sag just a little in the front - spray painted it gloss black and it looks pretty good and takes up almost no additional space.

Jim L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks