Sony Grand wega lcd KF-50WE610 vs Samsung DLP tantus HLP5674W - 56"

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mike_f, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Mike_f

Mike_f Auditioning

Well this is my first big tv i will be buying and i have been sucking so much info from these forums.thnx all

But i am stuck between the two.Since i heard that sony has fixed the problems on the 50WE610 it is very affordable,and i can get it on the the 20th of feb with a jan build date most likely(thats what the sony style guy said).

Or

Should i wait for the samsung dlp tantus HLP5674W - 56" supposvly coming in march?Since i heard the DLP's have a better PQ and Better contrast.

So i need some helpful opinions(bashing included[​IMG])

Is a samsung a good brand to buy?is it Reliable?

Wait for the Samsung or get the Sony?

Thnx alot-

2. David Parrish

David Parrish Stunt Coordinator

I was under the impression DLP 2+ TVs would not be out till August or later. Where did you see the March release date?

Both TVs are pretty nice. It's going to boil down to what limiting factors matter to you the most; The LCD's black level and very slight mesh effect or the DLP's rainbows and artifacts.

I bought a Sony LCD a week ago. There's another thread where another new owner and I have been discussing our purchase and what we think of the TVs. It's the KDF-60XBR950 thread.

3. Michael_D

Michael_D Auditioning

I just recommended and purchased the Samsumg DLP 61" for a friend who is redoing his family room home theatre. I eagerly await it's arrival. what I have had difficulty finding, is a receiver that has dvi i/o. I found ony by Sony but after spending $4700 on the TV I can't justify $500 for the receiver. Any suggestions? Thanks. I will let you know about the Samsung next week.

This is my first time posting after reading for a week or two. Thanks for all the knowledgeable advice so far.

4. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

From what I can tell the new Samsung DLP's will be out in June with the HD2+ chip. The Samsung coming out in March only fixes the bugs with the current models.

http://www.digupdate.com

There is a DLP section with lots of information there.

Myself I hope to wait until June to buy a new HD2+ Samsung set. The new Models will be called HLP sets.
    Direct has a deal for $399 for new customers that includes a box that has DVI or if you have been a customer for a while you can get rebates down to $99 including install. Check out the Tivocommunity.com forums for more details.