sony gives 'sign off' message

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by lee.b, Dec 23, 2002.

1. lee.b

lee.b Stunt Coordinator

Watched movie last night on mothers sony kv32v68 (three years old). About 45 minutes into the film a message appeared on the bottom of the screen. Paraphrasing, it said "TV WILL TURN OFF SHORTLY".

That was darn close to what it actually said. Indeed, about a minute later, the set turned off. All I had to do was to put it back on and everything was fine.

I searched her manual to see what it could be. Unless I missed something, I saw nothing that mentioned such an onscreen message. Thought it may be the TIMER, but saw nothing, as I remember, about the message. Perhaps that was it...perhaps not. Anybody familiar...

Also, let me just say, the movie was 'The legend of 1900'. An excellent excellent film, especiallyb for those in music. No charge for that tip.

2. NickT

NickT Stunt Coordinator

Nick
    I don't have a Sony TV, but what you described is consistent with how a sleep timer works.

3. David Norman

David Norman Producer
    Supporter

It's either the sleep timer or an automatic off timer that can be programmed from the menu.

Easy way to check is hit the sleep button for 15 minutes and see if you get the same message.

4. lee.b

lee.b Stunt Coordinator

thanks much...i hated to tie up the board with that question, but i couldn't find the warning in the owners manual...so wanted to make sure. I hereby consider this thread closed!