What's new

Sony FQ-75: Waves passing across screen, HELP? (1 Viewer)

RichieS

Auditioning
I have recently brought a brand new Sony 32 inch Widescreen television (the FQ-75). I spent more money than I could afford (home theater freak that I am) becuase it offered a 100hz picture that was very stable.
However, I've noticed waves continually passing across the screen from left to right. This occurs all the time. Even when I remove my DVD player. This is very frustrating and I'm starting to get worried. Can anyone give me any possible reasons why this might happen?
I had a Sony engineer in who told me it was being caused by an unstable power supply (I live in a block of flats). However, other experts told me that the TV would be good enough to prevent such interference. They suggested interference from Radio waves
Please help

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Do you have any speakers close to the TV? This includes a center channel on top, or a sub. If you do, try moving them further away (disconnecting a speaker probably won't make a difference, so don't try that come to the conclusion that it's not the speakers).
If that doesn't work, what else have you tried by way of troubleshooting? Have you tried moving any other electronic equipment that's close to the TV? Have you tried the TV on a different power outlet? In a different room?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Richie,
I changed your topic header: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum14/HTML/041767.html
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks