What's new

Sony Extended Warranty ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Sony just sent me an offer to extend the warranty on my Sony LCD HDTV. For those who have a Sony extended warranty and not a store extended plan. Is it a good warranty and is it worth getting. To be honest the money that I would spend on that, I could use to buy an HD-DVD player. Money is very tight and I have to save and go without for anything I buy. So I would love to hear from anyone at this forum that has or has had a Sony extended warranty.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
No hear has anything to say about Sony's extended warrenty?

I was looking to see if it was worth paying for or if it was a waste of money?

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Gallegos
I've never been huge on extended warranties, mostly because I've really never used them in the past when I actually did buy them.

I'd say use the money for the HD-DVD player if I were you. Besides, that TV really has no moving parts to speak of. In general, most products will fail within the first 30 days of ownership if they're going to. So in your case you should be good for years to come.

Enjoy the set and buy a new toy instead!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Thanks for the input Nick. If I had alot more available cash I would have just gotten the warrenty for the heck of it :laugh:.

But money is really tight so I think I will just skip it. I purchased the TV last October and it has been working flawlessly. And besides I need to start saving for my Sony Blu-ray player next month as well. The paycheck after I buy the HD-DVD player. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks