Sony ES444 receiver remote

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rick_Walter, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Rick_Walter

Rick_Walter Auditioning

When using the remote commander, while set to VCR (video 2 on

receiver, video 3 on TV). I go to Auto Power and set it up to autopower to

video-3 on the TV. That's fine. Now, My Sony PlayStation 2 which is

connected to Video 1 on the TV automatically switches to video 3 also. Same applies to DVD on video 4...it automatically switches to video 3.

Basically, when I set the Auto Power on my remote, it applies that video setting to ALL

of the functions/components I choose. Changing the PS2 to auto power to video 1 now

causes the VCR to go to video 1 and not video 3!

Can't (shouldn't) these be separated??

My setup:

--sony 36" WEGA (one with speakers on bottom not sides...is that FV or FS or what?)

--sony vcr with RCA inputs/outputs from VCR to Receiver video 2 and back to VCR. receiver's monitor out RCA to TV video 3

--pioneer DVD component to receiver. receiver to TV video 4 component video (and optical audio)

--PlayStation 2 S-Video from PS2 to video 1 receiver. monitor out s-video to TV video 1

--cable box splitting cable from wall to TV and VCR

2. Rick_Walter

Rick_Walter Auditioning

And also...my cable box is "viewed" through AUX on my TV. When I play a VCR tape in video 3, then hit the TV/Video button on my TV remote to get back to TV/AUX, I still see what's playing on the VCR tape. Shouldn't it show what's on the cable on AUX and leave the VCR to video 3?