Sony ES Megachanger with HDMI?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Hank_P, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Hank_P

Hank_P Second Unit

I know Sony is making the non "ES" DVD model with HDMI, does anyone know if they will be adding this to the MegaChanger 777ES model? It's not a make or break decision, but if it's coming out soon, I can wait.

2. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

Sony is going thru some difficult times, so their product line will be hit and miss in terms of a full lineup.

The whole new ES line is out, and I don't know why they would add something else at this point. Between Good Guys going under and other stores that used to carry Sony ES going away or dropping the line, no idea what will happen.

I just cannot believe another company (Pioneer, where are you!?) has not gotten in the market.

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I just ordered the non ES changer the DVD995. Hopefully it'll last me a few years. J&R had it for $299 which I thought was a good deal.

4. Hank_P

Hank_P Second Unit

I think that is the one I'm going to go with. Even though I have setup a pretty nice HTPC that would work great with the RS232 port and DVD lobby software.. I can always upgrade later (that's the fun part of the hobby)

That was a pretty good deal from J&R, thanks for sharing.

hrp