What's new

Sony DVP7700 compared to other players (1 Viewer)

Sam R. Aucoin

Stunt Coordinator
1. Is there a better, non-progressive player out there in the same price range as the 7700 (which I currently own)?

2. If I do not have a TV that accepts a progressive scan signal, will it make ANY difference in picture quality if I purchased a progressive scan player?

Thanks for all replies.

Regards,

Sam

Chip E

Screenwriter
1) Maybe but, for interlaced you should still be covered with the 7700
2) Nope :D
- Chip

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Sam, the dvd s7000 is better than the 7700 since it has better black levels but this is a subjective point. It does not however have dts. A dts board can be installed in it, however. MSB technologies can do this upgrade as well as place a scaler in it for a progressive mode.

By the way, your Canare cables never arrived. Do you have the tracking number? I've emailed you a couple of times but you don't seem to be replying.

Sam R. Aucoin

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Len:
First, thanks for replying to my thread.
Regarding the cables - I had no idea that you never received them, nor have I received any emails from you.
I will check with my local post office to see if the item has been returned. I realize that shipping delays have increased since September, but you should have received the cables by now.
As I am not receiving your emails (with the email address you are using), and you do not allow emails to be sent to you through this board, please send an email to me at the following address so that I can send an email to you once I determine what happened to the shipment: [email protected]
Regards,
Sam

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Sam, thanks for replying. You can send me a private message through this board. I have been receiving messages from other people. I will send you an email at that address.

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Len,
I'm interested in upgrading my DVPS7000 to DTS capability. I checked MSB's site, but could only find info about upgrading receivers. :frowning:
Can you give me more information? About how much do they charge ?
Thanks in advance,
Thos.

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Not sure about cost but it is not cheap, may run you at least $600. MSB may not have it on their website but if you email them, they do offer it. The progressive upgrade cost twice that. Personally, I haven't upgraded mine for fear of damaging my 7000 via shipping. Won't risk it. The video is still too eyepopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks