1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sony DVP-S7700 Service mode...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ashen, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Ashen

Ashen Auditioning

Hi everyone.. I wrote down the code to punch in on the remote to get to service mode on my DVD player, but I lost it somwhere over the last year. My player is in serious need of a good laser alignment, but I cant for the life of me remember the sequence of buttons to press. Anyone got the Code? Thanks a bunch!

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

With the player in standby (off) mode, from the remote you press either Title, Clear, Power or Time, Clear, Power. I'm not sure which it is on the 7700 but one of the above sequences should work.
    KJP

3. Espen Braathen

Espen Braathen Stunt Coordinator

I doubt it need laser adjustments, however you should try to clean the disc turntable as depicted in the drawing at the following page (ignore the norwegian words as the picture really says it all):
    http://www.dvdforeningen.no/artikler/07SonyLaser.shtml
    My own 7700 needs this cleaning about 3-4 times a year! If not playback will malfunction and the disc will make strange noises as it slips on the dirty rubber ring found on the turntable.
    Espen Braathen

4. Billy Fogerty

Billy Fogerty Stunt Coordinator

I have an S7000, and have yet to do any service. It plays every disc. This player has thousands of hours on it, and going strong. You must have your player in a very dirty and dusty area, to have to clean the disc turntable.

5. John Morton

John Morton Stunt Coordinator

Hello all...
    I have both the Sony DVP-650D and DVP-660D 5 disk DVD players. Would the service menu tweak above be the same? Does anyone have verification on the service menu entry for these models?
    Thanks!!
    John
    ------------------

6. John Morton

John Morton Stunt Coordinator

Nevermind. I actually found something on the internet and didn't have to search forever to find it. Check out the following URL for more information on Sony DVD player service menu settings:
    http://members.accessus.net/~090/awh/sonydvd.html
    ------------------

7. Greg Cellini

Greg Cellini Agent

Hi Epsen,
    The URL you posted doesn't seem to work. Can you elaborate or provide any addl' info on this procedure? This would be of EXTREME interest to me as I am having problems with my 7700 that noone has ever experienced. Any info you could provide might possibly save me from an ultimately futile trip to the (gulp) Sony Service Center.
    Thanks in advance,
    Greg