What's new

Sony DVP-NS975V for my ScreenPlay 7200? (1 Viewer)

David_Franklin

Auditioning
Hi All,

I just bought a ScreenPlay 7200 and am looking for a new DVD player to replace my Sony DVP-S7700. I was looking at the Sony DVP-NS975V but was wondering if anyone thought there was a player that was SO much better that I just HAD to have it. :) Also, if I did go with the DVP-NS975V, do you have any idea what type of cable I would need to connect the HDMI output from the DVD player to the M1-DA input on my 7200? Thanks!

-Dave

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Suprised there are so little posts here about this player. Being a Sony man I am thinking about getting this to go with my new 55" LCD. But comments on it that I've read are all across the board. Many seem to rave about it, but then I come across just as many "I hate this damn thing" posts. Apparently there is a problem with the drawer freezing and not ejecting at all.

Anyone?

-paul

Bryce_H

Stunt Coordinator
Don't know much about the Sony, but I just got a Pioneer DV-588A-s. It is a great bang for the buck. I'm finishing my basement HT this week (in fact I'm waiting for the carpet installer now) and will pair it with a denon 3805 (also new) and an old Sony VPL-400Q (LCD projector).

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Personally, I'm looking for an upscaling DVD player, with HDMI output and SACD playability. (I want to hear these damn SACDs I have sitting around!). This player seems to fit the bill but I can't find out if it's a decent player, bugs have been fixed in newer versions (or on the horizon), etc.

Plus, I want to get my set calibrated and it seems to make sense to me to not do it until I get a new DVD player.

-paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks