Sony DVP-NS900V

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Howard_S, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Howard_S

Howard_S Supporting Actor

I just started reading about SACD and came across this player since I am more interested in SACD than DVD-A and haven't bought my RP91 yet I was wondering how the NS900V compares. Any thoughts?

2. Howard_S

Anyone?

Will be buying this coming week. Want to know how the player compares to others SACDs in performance and the RP91 in DVD playback.

3. Dennis Jacob

Dennis Jacob Agent

I purchased this player and the XA777es from Oade Brothers about a month ago. So far I like it alot. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison though. I like the video playback better than my Pioneer Elite DV37's playback. However, I haven't done critical listening or viewing of the ns900 yet.

4. Howard_S

I would like to get into SACD and since I need a DVD player the DVP-NS900V seems like a great opportunity. But I rather not do it if I'm going to sacrifice too much video quality (compared to RP91) and sound quality (compared to Sony's standalone SACD players).

5. John Giddens

John Giddens Stunt Coordinator

Howard,

I can't tell you how the 900V compares to the RP91. I can tell you though that I like my 900V enough to not wonder anymore about if there's a better player to be had.