Sony DVP-NS900V progressiveDVD/multichannel SACD? BRING IT ON!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelly Scott Rickards, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Kelly Scott Rickards

Kelly Scott Rickards Stunt Coordinator

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Kelly, I agree. Bring it on! I am in the market for a multi-channel SACD player and have had my eye on the SCD-C222ES SACD/CD carousel changer. However, if Sony releases a progressive scan DVD/multi-channel SACD changer, I might buy it to replace my Sony DVP-C670D DVD changer. The 'NS900V is a good start as far as I am concerned.
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

3. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

However, if the Sony's MPEG-2 decoder produces the chroma bug as previous Sony players, then I'd have to skip it.
    I'd rather get a stand alone multichannel SACD player (no video circuitry to cause interference), and a separate progressive scan DVD-Video player with DVD-Audio capabilities (hopefully with the Panasonic MPEG-2 decoder and Faroudja/Sage de-interlacer).
    Dan

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Solid point, Dan. I don't really need a new DVD player as I am very happy with the Sony DVP-C670D, but if I could get an all-in-one component, then that would be nice. Besides, I wouldn't have to find more space in the rack that way. For now, I am still torn between the SCD-CE775 and SCD-C222ES. Someone posted a positive review of the 'CE775 on Audio Asylum last night saying that it is a very good player for the price.
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime