What's new

Sony DVP-NS900V progressiveDVD/multichannel SACD? BRING IT ON!! (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Kelly, I agree. Bring it on! I am in the market for a multi-channel SACD player and have had my eye on the SCD-C222ES SACD/CD carousel changer. However, if Sony releases a progressive scan DVD/multi-channel SACD changer, I might buy it to replace my Sony DVP-C670D DVD changer. The 'NS900V is a good start as far as I am concerned.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
However, if the Sony's MPEG-2 decoder produces the chroma bug as previous Sony players, then I'd have to skip it.
I'd rather get a stand alone multichannel SACD player (no video circuitry to cause interference), and a separate progressive scan DVD-Video player with DVD-Audio capabilities (hopefully with the Panasonic MPEG-2 decoder and Faroudja/Sage de-interlacer).
Dan

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Solid point, Dan. I don't really need a new DVD player as I am very happy with the Sony DVP-C670D, but if I could get an all-in-one component, then that would be nice. Besides, I wouldn't have to find more space in the rack that way. For now, I am still torn between the SCD-CE775 and SCD-C222ES. Someone posted a positive review of the 'CE775 on Audio Asylum last night saying that it is a very good player for the price.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks