What's new

Sony DVP-NS900v is a keeper! (1 Viewer)

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
I have had a 222ES for several months, purchased a second one from J&R. Then found a great local deal on the NS900v.
This DVD/SACD player is great. The build is close to a ES Player. The Redbook is real good, I have been told that this NS900v has the same six "Super Audio DACs" as the XA-777ES, One forum said that these are the next step up in DAC's? I will need to speak with Sony to find out, or pop the hood to see for myself. The DVD playback is better then the 9000ES.
Needless to say the second 222 went back to J&R.
This NS900v is worth a good look, street prices at just over $500.
My local deal was 40%.:D
And five free dvds to trade:emoji_thumbsup:
Sorry guys this was just a one time shot at this local purchase.
If I was on the fence for a SACD changer I would take a good look at this even at current prices.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jerry, have you compared the picture quality of the 'NS900V to the Panasonic 'RP91. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.
According to Crutchfield's web site, which is usually correct, the 'NS900V has three DACs. See the following link:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...VPNS9H&o=m&a=0
The 'XA777ES has six DACs. One DAC is used for each channel during playback of multi-channel SACDs, and three DACs are used per channel during playback of CDs and stereo SACDs.
Like the 'NS900V, the 'C555ES has three DACs. Three are used with multi-channel SACDs, but only one is used with CDs and stereo SACDs. I assume the 'NS900V works the same way.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Keith,

I have not taken the time to compare the picture quality of the NS900V to the Panasonic RP91.

I indeed will with my DPX-1 dlp pj also Mits HD rptv, and our Toshiba 36" direct view HDTV.

We are in the midst of a home addition, so things are a bit of a mess here.

I have not had the two dvd players on the same floor in our home yet, let alone fed to the same display. (although I did compare the 222ES with the NS900V)

I really think the playback of the NS900V will exceed that of the RP91, it's very good!

I will advise once done,

Thanks for the Crutchfield's link, This is not what I have read at the Audiophile grade Discussion Forum.

The NS900V SACD/CD/Video playback is extremely well for a all in one box, with better then average build quality to boot.

When I do compare the two I plan to use my Extron Cross point switch,

They are great for a A/B comparison.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jerry, thanks for the info. I look forward to hearing the results of the 'RP91/'NS900V face-off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks