What's new

Sony DVP-NS700P DVD help ... (1 Viewer)

Bill_Boston

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings ...

I was hoping someone could briefly explain the set-up options when you push the "Display" button on the remote. Without a disc in the player, the "Display" button pulls up a drop-down menu with the following options:

TVS, BNR, Video Equalizer, Digital Video Enhancer, Advanced, and Setup.

Well, I can't seem to find my manual and was wondering if someone can help me understand each of these as well as provide the recommended settings for optimal audio/video processing.

THANKS.

BobAZ

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought the NS715P and the menus are the same. The only one I can remember off hand is Advanced to show Bitrate info. I'll have to look at the manual and post later.

As you move down the menu, you can right arrow into each option to see the available choices. I don't know if you're doing this already.

BobAZ

Stunt Coordinator
Here's some info from the Sony site. I can't find a User Manual anywhere on their website, very lame.

TVS: TV Virtual Surround System that generates the effect of surround sound speakers, even when you're limited to the stereo speakers inside your TV.

BNR: Block Noise Reduction This features helps reduce and remove unwanted "blocks" of information which occur as a result of fast motion and small detail in an image.

Video Equalizer: Digital Video Equalization Factory preset and user adjustable settings to optimize picture quality digitally, within the DVD player

Digital Video Enhancer Improves crisp contrast and picture detail, while controlling unwanted artifacts.

Bill_Boston

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Bob !!!

Did they mention what the proper (default) settings were ??? Have you made any changes ??? Any help with how to set these opimally would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

- Bill

BobAZ

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, that's more info than Sony has about the 715.

For some reason I can't see HTF from home lately so sorry for not posting. Defaults for all the bells and whistles is OFF. All I've done so far is set the screen format, change bitstream to Dolby Digital and turn on DTS.

If that post didn't answer your questions, post again with some specifics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks