What's new

Sony DVP-CX985V AutoPlay workaround? (1 Viewer)

Al L

Agent
Hi everyone, just joined this forum, and heres my first question of the day for those who own the Sony DVD changer:

What method do you use to prevent the last disc from loading up? I've heard of various methods. One example is putting a dummy mp3 disc in slot one and always choosing this slot before power down. I also use the harmony remote (768) to control my player and have a macro set to hit stop then select disc 1 on power off. Works great, but it's so slow in loading the first disc on power up. I've tried leaving the slot empty or putting in a normal audio disc but neither is better than the other.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
This isn't much of a workaround, but I just leave the player on all the time. It does apparently go into some sort of sleep mode, as you have to press any button (on the unit or the remote) to wake it up before it will recognize any commands.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Mine should be arriving in the mail any day now but here's what I've managed to find out about the AutoPlay feature from the Sony forum...is this true? It could be the universal All OFF code that Sony has that does the shut down he's talking about vs the regular power off but I won't know till I get mine and start playing with the pronto codes for it.

"1. AUTOPLAY
Most importantly to anyone considering purchasing this player or having problems with this featuer is that Autoplay CAN be turned off successfully. It is a stupidly simple fix that i read on a website somewhere that I am trying to find. Simply turn the unit off via the remote and not the front panel power button.
When you turn the unit back on, it will NOT automatically play any disk at all. Not the disk in slot 1 or the last disk played. It will simply start up and wait for further input.
I have used the remote that came with my STR-DE997 Reciever to "power off " the unit and it works just like I hoped. I will try this by using the remote supplied with the player itself tonight and post back here tommorow. "

Mike Keith

Second Unit
Andrew is correct, I use the universal Sony "All Off" code that I got from Remote Central, and if I use this everything works fine, it will cue up the last disc played and wait for a command without playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks