What's new

Sony DVP-CX875P Text Question (1 Viewer)

John_P

Agent
I have just puchased this "Mega" changer. One of the benefits of the changer is the ability to catalogue my DVD's and CD's. If avaialable, when a DVD or CD plays, the player will read the TOC (or something) and automatically label the disk. However this rarely occurs. My question is, when manually labeling the disks, there are 2 lines available for text, but only one seems to accessable. In the case of CD's, you should be able to put the title of the disk on line one and the artist on line two (this has happened when the information is automatically updated). Has anyone figured out how to put text on the second line ? This would seem critical, especially for CD's. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I use Easy CD creator to make a cd with text that my 875 reads. Then I have the original for the car.
When you hit the "burn' symbol, there will be a box that will pop up next that will allow you to check the "text" box.

Thats the only way I know how to access the 2nd line

John_P

Agent
Thanks Grant. Unfortunetly I am not burning any CD's. These are all original. I was hoping someone had a trick or something I could do with my current CD's, otherwise, the CD's go back into their cases. But thanks for your input. Anyone else have any ideas ?

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
John, I have the DVP-CX860 changer and I have not been able to find out how to access that second line either. I love the rest of it's features and am ready to purchase the DVP-CX985, 400 disc DVD/CD/SACD changer. There is no mention of it in the operators manual, nor have I been able to get a response from Sony as to this question. If I find out anything, I will be happy to pass it along.

Mika-H

Stunt Coordinator
Does this player having the ANNOYING feature where when you turn it back on, it starts playing the last disc you played before turning it off?

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
One tip I learned the hard way, do not turn the unit off with the on/off button on the unit; only with the remote control.
It will 'hide the disc' if you do so too quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks