What's new

Sony DVP-7700 (1 Viewer)

Greg Cellini

Agent
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone experienced problems when playing the DTS tracks on the following discs?
Moody Blues at Royal Albert Hall
Barry Manilow Live
Ultimate DVD Gold and platinum
I'm getting a high-pitch buzzing that sounds like undecoded data is being mixed with the soundtrack. It happens consistently only on the aforementioned discs. Also, does anyone know how to check the firmware revision of these units?
Thanks in advance,
Greg

Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,
The only disc on your list that I have is the Moody Blues, which plays on my Sony 7700 in DTS just fine. Since the decoding is being done in your processor/receiver (not the DVD player), perhaps the buzzing sound is introduced there.
Hope you find out what's wrong.
Cliff

Tuomas Maattanen

Auditioning
No problems with the Ultimate DVD Platinum.
You can check your firmware version by
* power off your player
* press [TITLE], [CLEAR], [POWER]
* select 'Other Check'

Greg Cellini

Agent
Thanks for the replies, guys.
Cliff, My MC-1 is at Lexicon, as I write, for this exact problem. I posted this problem here and on several other forums over 9 months ago. At that time, all 7700 owners who responded reported no problems. Therefore, my attention was turned toward the Lexicon. Last week a member at SMR Forums posted the EXACT SAME problem with the Moody Blues disc (he hasn't tried the others). He, quite coincidentally, also has a MC-1 AND a DVP-7700. He theorized that possibly the 7700 was sending bad initialization packets (the problem dissapears if the MC-1 is powered "off" then "on" while the 7700 is still playing). It sounded like a reasonable theory to me, hence my current posting about 7700.
I'd still like to see more responses from 7700 (or MC-1) owners. In the meantime. I'll just hope for the best.
Thanks again, guys.
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks