Sony DVD spindle motor

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by David Massey, Jul 9, 2004.

1. David Massey

David Massey Agent

Does anyone know where to get the Mabuchi made Sony DVD player spindle motor RF320CH-12400 cheaper than the $80 Sony wants for it?

2. Steve Berger

Steve Berger Supporting Actor

$80 would be for the entire optic block assembly not just the motor. I've never found a source for the motor by itself but Mat Electronics sometimes has the assemblies much cheaper. If you can locate a dead unit you may be able to swap the part of the assembly with the motor on it (the optic part is the usual failure) I keep all the broken units in my shop for parts but that's not much help if you're not local .

3. David Massey

David Massey Agent

Thanks for the Mat Electronics, I'm always looking for new places to get parts. I was able to fix the motor with the help of another websight full of people with the same problem who had a fix which worked great and saved me a bunch of money too.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

At this stage of repair, it might be simpler just to opt for a new player altogether.

5. David Massey

David Massey Agent

I already fixed it for free using the back of an old CD motor I had laying around which uses the same brush assembly, worked great and saved a bundle.