Sony DVD-NS75H - Loading Issues?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jeff F., Jul 12, 2006.

1. Jeff F.

Jeff F. Stunt Coordinator

I just bought this player last night and hooked it up. Wonderful picture and sound and does a great job upconverting. One thing I did notice is that it takes quite a while for a disc to load. One in particular stood out while testing it - it took 45 seconds to load disc one of the director's cut of the first "Lord of the Rings." Most other discs took 15-20 seconds to load.

Is this normal for this machine - can it possibly be scanning the disc for errors before loading - or is there a possible problem with it?

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Jeff,
    I have the NS70H, that player's immediate predecessor.

The first time I tried to play LOTR/FOTR EE Disc 1 it took so long to load I thought the player was defective. It finally loaded and played beautifully. I also have never had such a long load time for any other dvd in this player.

I don't know the reason for the long load time but can only conclude that it's normal for this player loading that disc.

I have since bought a Tosh HD-A1 HD-DVD player and even it doesn't take as long to load as the Sony loading LOTR.

3. Jeff F.

Jeff F. Stunt Coordinator

Steve:

Thanks for the reply. It seems to only have issue with that one DVD, but it still loads and plays fine. Oh, well, I guess patience is a virtue with this player, but it's worth it.