What's new

Sony DVD Dream System DAV-C770 for $310.99 AR (1 Viewer)

DarrenChan

Auditioning
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE..._WB06&Dept=hav

How is this audio/dvd system? I'm going to start building my first home theatre and was wondering if this was decent, probably not for you hardcore folks? :D Epinions had some decent reviews of it...

Heard the DVD changer is slow, but I can always replace that, any recommendations? Any other sets I should look at? For my first home theatre system, I'm not sure if I'm knowledgable enough to buy everything in pieces, so I may be buying sets for this first one...

Darren,
There is a vast wealth of knowledge within this forum.Perhaps you could post a question(s) that is more specific that includes your budget,room size ,intended usage ( ? %=movies / ? %=music ) and maybe room dimensions.
There is a home theater system for most every budget. Depending on your goals for your system and how critical your ear and armed with information stated above,someone can recommend a system be it budget or high end that could save you from buyer's remorse. Recommendations vary and are only just that .
Finally ,if you dont want to get into all that and really just want to know what I think of the system then I think it is ok for the money. It will sound fantastic at first especially if going from tv speakers to this but alas,the bug sets in and the $300-$400 bucks you spent could have gone towards something a little more satisfying long term .Sorry for the length of this I'm truely just trying to be helpful.

DarrenChan

Auditioning
Thanks, I'll do that, I posted a thread like that on the AVS forums, but didn't think to do it here as well. I'll just link to it when I'm done posting. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks