What's new

Sony DVD changer firmware upgrade (1 Viewer)

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
I have a Sony 5 DVD changer that's almost 2 years old. I do have the occasional lip-sync problem that's apparently resolved with a firmware upgrade. I've searched high and low for any support on the Sony website about this, and can find none. When I went to the Good Guys (where I purchased it) they asked me, "What's that word again? Firmware?"

I know that some of you have done this--how should I go about doing it? Do I need to contact Sony? How? Do I have to send in my player and wait 4 months to get it back?

Also, how can I check the firmware version? I've done it before, but can't remember how.....

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Andy

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Found this on the sony site / Customer Service
Hope this is what you were looking for. Only way to get the SW update
Grant
http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/service/dvdplyr.shtml#s3
Why Are The DVD Audio And Video Out Of Synch?
It has come to our attention that a limited number of Sony DVD players are occasionally experiencing unsynchronized
audio and video when playing certain DVD titles. Unsynchronized A/V can appear for a variety of reasons, ranging from source material anomalies to related or attached system components not performing to specification.
If your DVD player is experiencing the A/V synch condition, it should be checked by an authorized Sony Service Center. For the location of the nearest authorized service center, please call the Sony Customer Service Center at 1(800)-222-SONY.

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
Hmmm-
Just got off the phone with Sony, and they haven't ever heard of this problem--strange. :frowning: The guy said that he'd assign an event # to the issue and have it investigated further. I'm supposed to call back in a week to follow up on it. This is really strange.
Has anyone here upgraded their Sony DVD player's firmware?
Andy

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have mostly Sony electronics....so I think I 've gone through every possible scenerio.

Do you have a sony authorized repair shop near by?

Call or go over, explain to them your problem and see if they know of any fix. (Sony has a communications problem, I swear, nobody talks to anyone else).

If the repair guy is on the ball, he will find the fix. If not try another one till you get the answer you want.

It's one of their shortcomings as a company, but generally I feel the positives outweigh the negatives.

Good Luck and let me know how it goes

Grant

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks