Sony DE845 DTS receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon Teddlie, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Jon Teddlie

Jon Teddlie Stunt Coordinator

Dec 23, 2001
    I recently upgraded my receiver so I need to sell this one. Thought I would post it here before going to Ebay. I have owned it for the last year or so and it is in like new condition. Unit and Remote are packed in the original box, I have misplaced the instruction manual (but can be purchased on Ebay for $10.00) I'm looking to get $195.00 plus shipping for it, or perhaps a Phillips Pronto. I have copied some of the specs of this receiver off Sony's website:

100 watts per channel in stereo mode, or 100 watts x 5 in home theater mode to render your home theater and music sources with clarity, realism, and impact. 4-ohm/8-ohm switching enables reliable operation with low-impedance speakers.

Built-in Dolby Pro Logic decoding provides multichannel surround sound from sources like a HiFi VCR or stereo TV.

Built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoder generates 5.1 discrete channels of sound for left, right, center, left surround, right surround and subwoofer

Complete set of menu selections and controls let you match the decoder output to your specific speaker set-up and listening room. Adjustments include Bass Redirection, Variable Delay Time, Individual Channel Balance and Volume. (Variable Delay Time lets you adjust the surround sound to match your listening room and speaker setup.)

Digital Cinema Sound System provides the ultimate reference for movie theater sound by digitally recreating the acoustic environments of the Hollywood dubbing stage (where directors mix, evaluate and approve a movie’s final sound tracks). Based on actual measurements at the Sony Pictures Studios dubbing stages in Hollywood, Digital Cinema Sound lets your movies sound exactly the way they were meant to be heard. (Includes Cinema Studio EX, Virtual Rear, Virtual 3D and Virtual Mix modes.)

32-bit DSP with 27 acoustic environments for reproducing movies and music in the appropriate setting. For example, movies in a theater, classical music in a hall, rock music in an arena

Unlike home theater systems which use only two rear speakers, movie theaters use an array of multiple side and rear speakers. So to make your home theater system sound like the movie theater, a Virtual Multi-Dimension Mode can generate and place the sound of up five pairs of virtual rear speakers--using only two rear speakers.

Supplied preprogrammed remote control operates many brands of A/V equipment including DSS receivers and DVD Player menu control. The LCD puts Disc Memo names and CD Text information in the palm of your hand.

The back panel is loaded with connections for hook-up flexibility and convenience:

4 inputs for digital sources (3 optical, 1 coaxial)

4 A/V inputs, include 3 S-Video inputs (for high resolution sources like DVD, S-VHS, and satellite TV), and one 5.1-channel input (for compatibility with future formats)

3 inputs for your audio-only sources (including a turntable input); plus an optical digital output.

Weight: 27 lbs. 8 oz.(12.5 kg)

Dimensions: 17 x 6 1/4 x 14 7/8"

Thanks for looking
  2. ilyak

ilyak Stunt Coordinator

Apr 9, 2002