What's new

Sony DE595 (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Tebo

Stunt Coordinator
Don't crucify me for bringing up Sony in here, but it looks like a pretty nice reciever for the money. 100w x 5, DTS, HD Component switching, all for $200. I was orinially looking at the DE885, but it looks like this new DE595 has just about everthing I want for very little money. Whaddya think?

JoelTW

Stunt Coordinator
Ahh! Sony!! Burn it!

Just kidding......I'd like to know how good they are too...looking for an amp or receiever :)

Hank_P

Second Unit
If it has everything you want, go for it. As you move up the product line, you are adding more features. Features that you may not ever need, like S-Video, or Component Switching... if these are options you would never use, then sure.. the 595 might be what you are looking for.

I believe the as you move up the line, you get a few more tweaking options for sound also. ..again, maybe an option that you don't need. But as far as power, I believe the two are the same.

Jeremy Tebo

Stunt Coordinator
Now that I look at it, it doesn't have S-Video switching, only component. The 895 has both, but the component is only 50MHz compared to 80MHz on the 595. I guess when my cable company gets HDTV (this summer, hopefully), I can just run it straight to the TV instead of through the reciever. I'm so confused now, I don't know which one to get. Maybe I'll just get the 595 for now, and upgrade to what I really want later when I have more scrilla.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks