What's new

sony dav-hdx589w (1 Viewer)

unpastor

Auditioning
Real Name
jerry hagan
Hi guys, i was trying to help a friend with a sony system that has a wireless remote surround amplifier for the rear speakers . I tried everything to get it going but could never get the main and remote amp to link. the tbl guide said to move it closer to assure a ping. But that didn't work. All the settings are correct , both set to "A" and surround. What could be the problem? Thanks! Unpastor

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I know this doesn't really help, but wireless systems generally don't work very well. That's why they're so hard to find, and when you DO find them, they tend to be on more budget-oriented "all-in-one" systems.

I'm not too surprised you're having difficulty. About the only other thing to consider is that there may be a lot of interference in the current environment. Try taking the system to a different room (or different house altogether) just to see if you can get it working there. If still no luck, then consider getting a non-wireless system. Speaker wire is VERY easy to conceal - there are very few cases where a wireless system is really necessary.

unpastor

Auditioning
Real Name
jerry hagan
Thanks Jason, that's what I thought woulkd be the normal response. I believe I'll pass this on to my friend and maybe he'll take the advise.. Thanks again and God bless..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks