1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sony DA5ES questions. Can this unit be used with a 7 channel amp? and.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd smith, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Todd smith

Todd smith Supporting Actor

q1 Could I use this unit with a 7 channel amp so I could have a 7.1 setup? I know it has 6 amp channels, but I will eventually be getting a 7 channel amp and would like to use 2 side and 2 rear speakers instead of just 1 rear center speaker. q2 Can I use 2 side and 2 rear speakers (along with front l&r, center, and sub of course) when I get a 7 channel amp and use the 5es as a pre/pro? q3 Is this unit hdtv ready and what is the component switching rated at? q4 What cross over options do I have with this receiver when used with a sub? q5 My last question is subjective but I would still like some feedback. How is the 2 channel music on cd's and stereo with this unit? And how would the 2 channel compare to the h/k 520? I am also considering the h/k 520. I have it narowed down to these two so I am trying to get the pros and cons of both.
    Again I know some of this is subjective, and I will of course go and give a listen, but I would still like an opinion. As always, thaks![​IMG]

2. Angelo_Petralba

Angelo_Petralba Second Unit

Angelo
    Check out this POST

3. Angelo_Petralba

Angelo_Petralba Second Unit

Angelo