What's new

Sony DA5ES questions. Can this unit be used with a 7 channel amp? and..... (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
q1 Could I use this unit with a 7 channel amp so I could have a 7.1 setup? I know it has 6 amp channels, but I will eventually be getting a 7 channel amp and would like to use 2 side and 2 rear speakers instead of just 1 rear center speaker. q2 Can I use 2 side and 2 rear speakers (along with front l&r, center, and sub of course) when I get a 7 channel amp and use the 5es as a pre/pro? q3 Is this unit hdtv ready and what is the component switching rated at? q4 What cross over options do I have with this receiver when used with a sub? q5 My last question is subjective but I would still like some feedback. How is the 2 channel music on cd's and stereo with this unit? And how would the 2 channel compare to the h/k 520? I am also considering the h/k 520. I have it narowed down to these two so I am trying to get the pros and cons of both.
Again I know some of this is subjective, and I will of course go and give a listen, but I would still like an opinion. As always, thaks!;)

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
RS-232C port
digital inputs: 4 optical, 2 coaxial
component video switching: 2 in, 1 out (50 MHz bandwidth)
4 audio, 5 A/V (including 1 A/V behind the flip-down front panel, and 5 S-video) inputs
optical digital output
192kHz/24-bit DACs
7.1/5.1/2CH analog direct
on-screen display
aluminum front panel
Sf (S-fin) heat sinks
Control A1ii and Control S
16-15/16"W x 6-7/8"H x 18-7/8"D
warranty: 5 years

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks