1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony DA5ES internal amp vs. Parasound 855

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanielKim, Apr 10, 2002.

1. DanielKim

DanielKim Stunt Coordinator

I currently have the Parasound 855A and am waiting for the arrival of the Sony STR-DA5ES receiver. I was wondering which I should use to power my NHT SuperOne's (5). The DA5ES is rated at 110x6 and the Parasound at 85x5. I will not be playing the system very loud because I live in apartments and the equipment is in my bedroom. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Dan

2. JackS

JackS Supporting Actor

Music should improve with the Parasound. For HT, it could go either way, or possibly very little or no difference. For me ,accurate music reproduction takes precedence. Enjoy the Parasound, I'm sure you will. A seperate amp is the best upgrade bargain in Hi-Fi

3. Craig_Kg

Craig_Kg Supporting Actor

Are the NHTs biwirable? If so, use the Parasound for the mid/treble and the DA5ES for the bass in a passive biamped configuration. Then you get to use everything!

4. Charles Gurganus

Charles Gurganus Supporting Actor

Try them both! My money is on the Parasound being a little warmer with music.