What's new

Sony DA5ES and DTS-ES Discrete problem fixed by new firmware (1 Viewer)

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I flashed mine today and now it works for those New Line DTS-ES discs. I've not noticed anything different other than it working for those DTS-ES discs.

Seth

Brad Newton

Second Unit
has it ever been determined if the 4es needs the update? does it have the same decoding problem as the 5es?

WilliamS

Agent
So I've just upgraded the firmware and now as I go to SETUP, the text for CENTER and BACK reads NO in a grey font, and I can't select it to say YES.

What am I doing wrong?

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Started in to upgrade the software, but the cable had a male and female ends and need both female to hookup, so tomorrow I'll have it fixed and try the upgrade.
I hope the sound level on my comes up a little as well as fixing the 6.1 problem.
Anyone find out what else the fix does?
G2

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Thanks Terence, signed up there and checked out some of the threads, good Sony place eh!
Also...did the software flash upgrade this morning, was a little worried as our lights were flickering earlier and that would be JUST my luck to have the power go out in the few minutes the upgrade on the DA5ES takes, mine was just over 3 minutes to finish. LOTRTT never sounded better! ;)
G2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks