What's new

sony da4es crossover settings HELP (1 Viewer)

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, i have a sony da4es and the std points of crossover for all speakers are 120Hz. my questions is this.I have a Boston VR500 sub and when i look at the back of it and in the manual it show the highest cross over point is 100Hz. Would it stand to reason that the frequencies between 100Hz and 120Hz would not be played? The LFE high crossover is also set as 120Hz by default.
Next should i set the sub to 100Hz and the rest of the crossover points to 100Hz including the high pass LFE to 100Hz?HELP! ;)

terence

Supporting Actor
Hi Chris,

What size are your speakers? Will you run them large or small? What are the speakers frequency range? Sorry for all the ???'s but it will help me help you.:)

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,Terence
I have pioneer fronts with 12" woofers they go down to about 50Hz. my center goes down to 58Hz (its a Boston VR12)
I have the center setup as small and the fronts setup as large.The sub (Boston VR500 crossover high point is 100Hz)

ps. My pioneers are older and i really don't know if i should put alot of stress on them.(low end stress)
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks