Sony DA4ES, anyone who owns this receiver please help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark R. Ososkie, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Mark R. Ososkie

Mark R. Ososkie Stunt Coordinator

I just picked up this receiver, and i must say its VERY nice, but thats not why im posting. I was messing w/the remote, going through all the settings, and i must have hit something that turned the display on the receiver itself when its not in use (when im not doing anything, just watching a movir or listening to music or whatever), and i'd like to have it on constantly.
    I've went through all of the limited options on the remote, and on the receiver, and through both manuals, and i cannot find a way to turn it back on. Could someone who owns this receiver please help me out?

2. Phil Rose

Phil Rose Agent

You must have accessed the display dimmer function on the remote.

From the remote press the < button next to the roller button two times. Scroll down, in the (receiver) sub menu, until you find DIMMER. With the cursor on DIMMER press the roller button until you see a number (xx%) in the display window of the receiver. If there is no number in the receiver display the display will be off.

I'm sure that you can access this from the front panel setup buttons however, I didn't look to see. If you read the instruction book I'm sure that it will tell you how to do it.

3. Mark R. Ososkie

Mark R. Ososkie Stunt Coordinator

lol, seems like youre right

there is one option that shows nothing (doesnt say display OFF, just shows blank), and one that shows 0% dim...i must have skipped over it numerous times when going through the dimmer options