What's new

Sony DA2ES question (1 Viewer)

Ron.T

Agent
Ok guys, I have this receiver at home now. So far, I am pretty happy with it. I do have a question though. I have my speakers and sub hooked up properly I believe. When I push the Auto Detect button (for music), I get sound out of the front speakers as well as the sub. But when I select either 2CH Stereo, or Analog Direct, I get sound from the front speakers, but not the sub. Does this sound correct? Thanks for any help.

Ron

JackS

Supporting Actor
Ron- That's correct. Automatic Decode is a digital prosess which allows for LFE's to be re-directed to the subwoofer. Analog Direct does not allow for this except in the situation when an SACD/DVD-A player is connected and the player itself allows for bass mgt. In this case, all bass would be controlled by the player and not the receiver.

Ron.T

Agent
So then, how do I get the sub to play in Analog Direct or 2CH? Thanks for the reply.

Ron

JackS

Supporting Actor
Ron- Analog Direct plays to the full benefit of owners of large full range speakers ,the rest of us have to suck it up a little. If you feel the bass must come from your sub then you have no choice except to use Auto Decode or one of the movie/music DSP's. One way around this would be to use the line in /out of your sub which in effect turns the sub into a full range speaker and at the same time disable all the great control features of your Sony. I Also think an Outlaw ICBM would work. If I were you, I would not worry to much about the limitations of analog direct.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks