What's new

Sony CX-985V MegaChanger question (1 Viewer)

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a Sony CX-985V 400 disc megachanger a few months ago and just recently have started noticing my discs are becoming scratched up after being played in the megachanger. I was wondering if anyone else have noticed problem similar to this. Right now, the number of discs with scratches is very small fraction of the total (Out of about 70+ discs I played, only a handful are scratched). If it's just the scratches on the discs, I would probably just ignore it. But it's also causing the movie to pixelate very badly in certain scenes.

Anyone have any helpful comments or suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike Keith

Second Unit
I have never heard of this, I have the CX777ES (same transport) and it does not mishandle the discs. Out of curiosity, how do you know that the DVD changer is scratching your discs? Did you compare them before you loaded them into the changer?

There is a self diagnostic program with layer and disc calibration available, you can get to this menu by pressing

1.“5”
2.“CLEAR”
3. “POWER”

Use the remote and the player should be in standby mode (Power Off), push these buttons in order consecutively within a second of each other. This might help tracking, these changers from Sony have very poor tracking and layer change out of box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks