Sony ce775 SACD Crossover pts.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Russ, May 21, 2002.

1. Russ

Russ Auditioning

Hi all,

Just picked one of these up and running with an Outlaw 950.

I have yet to pick up any SACD software but am currently listening to Redbooks thru an MSB DAC,analog bypass,not bad, but will wait for break in period before any reviews.

What I was wondering,does anybody know the internal crossovers in the 775.

Thanks,

Russ

2. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

I believe it's at an absurdly high 120Hz, but I'm sure other users like KeithH and Matthew Anker will weigh in on this.

3. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

But is this a mandatory crossover? I'm assuming that the unit, by default, supports 6 channel passthrough. I'm asking just to be sure, because I may pick this unit up and compare with the 555ES.

Doug

4. AaronD

AaronD Stunt Coordinator

Yes, it has a 6 channel direct mode that doesn't apply any sort of bass management. Also remember, that it doesn't apply any bass management to redbook, only SACD. So, if this is important to you then you may want to invest in an ICBM or make a separate run (digital for instance) to your receiver for redbook.

-Aaron

5. Russ

Russ Auditioning

Aaron,

I can use the bass management in the 950 which passes everything below 80hz to the sub which is not really ideal in my set-up.I would like to run full range but my center Kef 100 is only good to about 70hz. I guess I'll just experiment.

BTW Best Buy has Heavy Weather a 2 channel SACD by Weather Report for 11.99

6. Matthew Anker

Matthew Anker Stunt Coordinator

The internal crossover for SACD is 125Hz if you have the subwoofer port enabled. If you set it to 2CH or MCH DIRECT, the crossover and other DSPs are eliminated from the circuit. This is on SACD only, there is no bass redirection for redbook.
    I've always used the crosovers internal to the subwoofer and adjusted it until you barely notice it's even there. Analog is the way to go.
    -Matthew Anker
    www.SACDmods.com

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Russ said: