Sony CDP-CX57 50+1 CD Changer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jose C, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Jose C

Jose C Extra

Sorry if this post doesn't belong here - does anyone know anything about this changer, like if it's for the US and where I can buy it? Sony sells the CX53 model here in the US, but it doesn't have CD-Text or disc titling and the CX57 purportedly does.

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jose, I have seen the 'CX53 in the US, but never the 'CX57. The 'CX53 has been around for awhile. Frankly, I've never heard of the 'CX57. I am guessing that it is either a new model (possibly a replacement for the 'CX53) or a model that is being marketed or has been marketed elsewhere. My feeling is that disc titling is a must-have feature in a megachanger because locating discs is very frustrating otherwise, so if you can find the 'CX57, I'd go for it. However, you ought to look into megachangers that hold more CDs. I just got a flier in the mail from J&R Music World (1-800-221-8180) advertising the Sony CDP-CX400 400-disc megachanger for $230. The 'CX400 has a PC keyboard input for disc titling, and it offers CD-TEXT compatibility. J&R is an authorized Sony dealer.
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime