What's new

Sony CDP-C515 (1 Viewer)

Jonathan T

Second Unit
My grandmother just gave me this CD player. It's a 5 cd standalone player. What do you guys think of it?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jonathan, the 'C515 is an older model. It was once part of Sony's "mass-market" line, as opposed to its ES line. I'm not trying to sound elitist, but it is an honest statement. The 'C515 would have been found at Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears or the equivalent when it was a current model. Generally speaking, Sony makes a good budget CD changer. However, for around $300, you can get a better CD player than the 'C515. Of course, free is free. :)

Jonathan T

Second Unit
Yes, free is free, much better than ANY other CD player in my opinion;). I didn't exprect it to be that great, but I new have a CD player, before I didn't, and I'd free. I may replace it in a couple years, when it dies on me.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I have a Sony C50 5 disc CD player and although I'm aware its not new, its 14 years old, it still sounds ok. I guess newer stuff might sound better, but it still works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.