What's new

SONY camcorder MOISTURE warning HELP ! (1 Viewer)

kevin_tomb

Stunt Coordinator
Im not sure if this is the right forum to ask this in, but I need help with my sony dcr-trv340 camcorder. It keeps having the moisture indicator pop up, and it wont reset. I had this before and it reset after I hit the reset button under the LCD display. There is NO moisture in camera, its just going off for no real reason. Like a false alarm. Its still under warranty, but I need it fixed FAST, cant wait 2 weeks for it to be sent out. Has anyone heard of a fix for this problem?....I have heard its common with the sony camcorders, and it might be a faulty sensor problem. I am an electronic tech, but I dont wanna take anything apart on it and risk voiding the warranty etc. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated..:)

Dan Mc

Stunt Coordinator
Been down that same road with a TRV-120...Couple of things to try...Remove the battery, turn the power switch on and off a few times, replace the battery, and give it a try. If that doesn't do it, remove the battery, and try removing the small, watch like, cmos battery. I think it's located just inside the panel when you flip out the view screen. This will reset everything to factory settings.

These tricks worked sometimes for me, but the problems seemed to escalate, and finally I gave it up and got a new camcorder (Panasonic PV-DV 852 - much recommended). If you still have it under warranty, I'd hurry up and get it looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks